Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Things I learned this weekend.....

- my car is actually white and only looked gray because of the thick layer of scum on it (thanks hon for washing it off)
- my washing machine is leaking water (I had not noticed because of all the other stuff on the floor)
- ants were eating my hummingbird food (I thought hummingbirds were coming at night to eat it)
- Travis is right sometimes, yes we should have originally moved the bedroom furniture the way it now is. It makes the room look so much nicer.
- My family is amazing... I already knew this but it was reinforced this weekend.

Travis had a WHOLE weekend off. Yes 2 days of not going to work at all. And I know this was very tough for him because he is a bit of a workaholic. We painted the trim on the house, put together the new patio furniture, cleaned the utility room, moved around furniture in the bedroom, washed my car, swam in the kiddo pool, went to the park, and I even got to sew while Travis took naps with the girls.

I know you might be thinking... wait it was Mother's Day and Travis got to take a nap?? Well I like it this way. The girls sleep longer with him next to them, so in turn I get a longer time by myself doing other things, like making a new strap cover for my camera.

It was a great weekend. Travis is back to work now, as usual, and the girls and I are back to our routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment