Monday, May 30, 2011

Kid Silhouettes with my Silhouette

Awhile back while researching all the amazing things my birthday present, the Silhouette SD, could do I came across this picture at Censational Girl's blog.


So I wanted to make some of my kids, but instead of pillows, framed. First I went and got 2 red frames and some scrapbooking paper. My intial plan was to spray paint frames from Goodwill and use fabric, but my plan changed when I walked into Hobby Lobby. Here is what I started with.



Then the hard part, taking pictures of the girls not facing me. R has already been trained when the camera is out give me a big smile, so it was confusing to her why I wanted her to look at her sister while I took pictures, and M, well she just moves ALL the time! But it got done.



Then I imported the pictures onto my Silhouette and using the program did a rough trace around their heads. Then it allows me to move lines so that they fit just along the outline of their faces. The first one took me awhile, but then I got it down. Here is the finished product.

I put them on a shelf in the living room, but I still think it needs something else, like an angel or bird or some type of knick knack.


Some pointers.... this was an easy project you could do it with freezer paper if you do not have a Silhouette. Little girls look adorable with ponytails. Mandy did A's with a ponytail and it was just so cute. And babies, well they just look like a baby head. I will have to redo M's when she get a bit older.
Here's a link to Simple Things where you will find a tutorial on how to do this with freezer paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment