Friday, May 27, 2011

Love Letters

3 days ago I came across this.....
I am pretty sure this was something my mom owned in the 70s. That I took with me to college.
Anyways inside I found these....

Old letters Travis wrote to me while in bootcamp, North Carolina, Iraq etc... This is not even half of them. My mom was watching the girls while I was cleaning the house so I spent a good hour reading through them and giggling at how silly we were. BUT these are a very important part of our relationship, our friendship. Had we never written each other while he was at bootcamp we probably would have never talked again. SO I want to do something to incorporate them into our house. So here is what I did. By the way, Travis would want me to add that yes he wrote very sweet sensitive and loving things, but he is tough and strong and very manly. He only writes letters like this to me, and I hope one day he writes sweet letters to his daughters. Anyways this is what I did....

First I looked through and found one that I really enjoyed reading and scanned it....
I then went into my photo editing program and crop-ed the letter to a specific sentence or two...
It cuts off bits of sentences but I thought that it was easy enough to follow.
I made it a Sepia tone, and then printed it out on a Print and Iron Sheet.
Then I ironed it onto a piece of muslin, and then stiching around the iron on sheet to make sure it stays on.




Then I just took another piece of muslin and sewed them together right side to right side leaving a small hole in which to stuff it. I then closed the whole a viola! A beautiful accent pillow for our bedroom. Now I am planning on making on in my handwriting too, but Travis didn't seem to keep many of my letter while I have been hoarding, protecting, whatever you want to call it, mine from him.

Here is the link where I found the idea for the Pillows



1 comment:

  1. This is awesome!!! Great idea and I like the fact that Travis is open to displaying his affection for you!

    ReplyDelete