Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mild Obsession

I love making my daughters match. I enjoy watching them play, and especially sleep while dressed in similar attire.

 I am not sure if this is because I too have a sister, only 16 months apart, and I am sure we had our share of matching outfits... hello we still buy similar clothes. Except she has much more fashion sense then I do. Anyways I have a new obsession of making matching clothes for the sisters.

 I buy things that match every now and then. And other people buy into my addiction by purchasing matching clothes for my daughters too.

Like their adorable Easter dresses (Thanks Mom). It was on the list of things to make this year, but Mom wanted to buy them dresses. Maybe if I start on Christmas dresses now I will actually finish them.

So if you have two beautiful girls you want to clothe in matching outfits, and say maybe you are a beginner at using the sewing machine, here are some easy projects to do! They can be done for different sizes.

10 Minute Onesie Dress (Can also be done with just a shirt)
Fat Quarters Skirt (make a bigger one with a larger piece of fabric)

In the picture below Ruth is wearing the 10 minute onesie dress but instead of a onesie I used a regular shirt from Target. And Marie is wearing a Skirt like the fat quarters one linked above.


And I have been wanting to try these for summer dresses.

And if we ever have a boy, I guess I will have to learn how to make something other than dresses and skirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment