Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Banging Wall

I posted this picture awhile back

Our library had her book called The Creative Family: How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections

Some awesome ideas on really letting your kids create meaningful experiences. My favorite idea was the banging wall, and since my girls like to make some noise. We went for it. Well I spent like 3 months collecting old pots and different metal and plastic "stuff." Then I was finally able to convince my husband to pull out the power tools and that pallet that had been laying around the yard. It took 30 minutes!
Ruth loves to dance while making music. Marie loves it because it is loud. Ruth wants to show every kid that comes over. I look forward to incorporating more creative things outside and inside for our kids.

It has been in the upper 70s all week here in TX, so we are outside most of the day. I am trying to find some fun crafts to do for the birds that are hanging around. Yesterday we saw two blujays and a cardinal. What are you doing outside?


No comments:

Post a Comment